Well, these are the books I either read or listened to in the month of May.
What are you reading? Please comment and let me know.
Do you have any recommendations for my TBR (to be read) list? Comment and let me know. I’m always looking for a good read.
I currently reading The Book of Negros. It is simply amazing. Reminds me a bit of Roots by Alex Haley. Right now I’m only about half way through so I’ll let you know when I’m done.
I just realized that I forgot to include the short stories that I read through the month of May. I love short stories. They’re such a compact bit of life all under 7000k words.
This month the short stories I read included:
- “Babes in the Woods” Margaret Atwood
- “The Swimmer” by John Cheever’s
- “The Girls in Their Summer Dresses” by Irwin Shaw
- “The Bear Came Over the Mountain” by Alice Munro
- “Town of Cats” by Haruki Murakami
- “The Paper Menagerie” by Ken Liu
- “You, Disappearing” by Alexandra Kleeman
- “Birdsong” by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
- “The Husband Stitch” by Carmen Maria Machado
- “A Good Man is Hard to Find” by Flannery O’Connor
- “The Lottery” by Shirley Jackson
Remember, one of the best things you can do for your writing is to read… and then read some more.
Thank you so much for stopping by.
lf you enjoyed this post, please like, comment, and share. Oh and don’t forget to follow too.